- Items: 0
- Price: $0.00
Comedy’ is a sprawling double album originally issued in 1991.
Running just under an hour - the album ushers in a decidedly more personal tone creeping in under the anecdotal door, as themes of romance, regret, and adulthood stem from the 18 tracks (+ hidden track) laid out here.
Each song is either about a certain situation or a past event, usually involving Kelly as the protagonist. Whether they're fiction or not - his lyrical storytelling whisks the us away and drops us dead centre into the middle of his spiels.
Examples of Kelly's best work on this album include "I Can't Believe We Were Married," a tune about a marriage that fell apart where both parties were relieved, and "Sydney from a 747," centered around the theme of spontaneity and how nice it would be to just pick up and leave. The jewel in the crown is of course "From Little Things Big Things Grow". The song was co-written by Kelly and Kev Carmody and is based on the story of The Gurindji Strike and Vincent Lingiari as part of the Indigenous Australian struggle for land rights and reconciliation.
- 1. Don't Start Me Talking Buy MP3 $1.65
- 2. Stories Of Me Buy MP3 $1.65
- 3. Wintercoat Buy MP3 $1.65
- 4. It's All Downhill From Here Buy MP3 $1.65
- 5. Leaving Her For The Last Time Buy MP3 $1.65
- 6. Brighter Buy MP3 $1.65
- 7. Your Little Sister (Is A Big Girl Now) Buy MP3 $1.65
- 8. I Won't Be Your Dog Anymore Buy MP3 $1.65
- 9. Take Your Time Buy MP3 $1.65
- 10. Sydney From A 727 Buy MP3 $1.65
- 11. Buffalo Ballet Buy MP3 $1.65
- 12. I Can't Believe We Were Married Buy MP3 $1.65
- 13. From Little Things Big Things Grow Buy MP3 $1.65
- 14. Blue Stranger Buy MP3 $1.65
- 15. Keep It To Yourself Buy MP3 $1.65
- 16. (You Can Put Your) Shoes Under My Bed Buy MP3 $1.65
- 17. Invisible Me Buy MP3 $1.65
- 18. Little Boy Don't Lose Your Balls Buy MP3 $1.65